This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Use address_from_register in dwarf2-frame.c:read_addr_from_reg
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:34:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Use address_from_register in dwarf2-frame.c:read_addr_from_reg
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201408271221 dot s7RCL684028429 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1408271908230 dot 2958 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> > I guess it isn't too hard to support gdbarch_convert_register_p in that
> > routine as well; I just didn't have any target to test on.
> > Can you try whether something along the following lines works for you?
> I'll see if I can push it through testing, though it may take a few days
> as some of MIPS hardware I use (and especially 64-bit one) is slooow (and
> I already have a test run under way).
I had results a few days ago already, but I had to find some time to
filter out intermittent failures. I have done it now and the results look
good. For the record, I tested the mips-linux-gnu target and the
-EB -mips16 -msoft-float
-EB -mmicromips -msoft-float
-EB -mabi=n32 -msoft-float
-EB -mabi=64 -msoft-float
and the -EL variants of same. My toolchain defaults to and test hardware
used implement the MIPS32r2 or MIPS64r2 ISA as applicable.