This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/commit] arm-tdep.c: Do not single-step after hitting a watchpoint.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 04:59:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA/commit] arm-tdep.c: Do not single-step after hitting a watchpoint.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410786062-19274-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com> <87bnqf2578 dot fsf at codesourcery dot com>
> Can you elaborate your experiments? Do you do experiments on qemu, arm
> bare metal targets or arm linux targets?
My experiments were on QEMU, but others tried on bare-metal. I tried
on GNU/Linux targets as well, but hardware watchpoints simply did
not work (no signal).
> I find Peter tries to fix the same problem we encounter in qemu side,
> [Qemu-devel] [PATCH] gdbstub: Allow target CPUs to specify watchpoint STOP_BEFORE_ACCESS flag
> and this patch isn't accepted yet.
> Note that with patched qemu, two fails in gdb.base/recurse.exp are
> fixed. At least, gdb and qemu should be in sync on this.
I think the experiments that were run showed that QEMU is in fact
correct and should NOT be changed.