This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/commit] arm-tdep.c: Do not single-step after hitting a watchpoint.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 05:48:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA/commit] arm-tdep.c: Do not single-step after hitting a watchpoint.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1410786062-19274-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com> <87bnqf2578 dot fsf at codesourcery dot com> <20140916115936 dot GM4871 at adacore dot com> <5418279A dot 1040604 at codesourcery dot com>
> >I think the experiments that were run showed that QEMU is in fact
> >correct and should NOT be changed.
> Do we know what the Linux kernel's behavior on this one is? I wonder
> what the stopped data address shows.
> Someone with access to a board with a relatively new kernel could
> try that and rule it out, otherwise we risk fixing something for
> QEMU/bare metal and breaking things for Linux.
When I tested on GNU/Linux, watchpoints simply did not work
(silently ignored, no signal). I was using an old kernel (2012),
though; but that's all I had access to. But, all in all, baremetal
should be our most reliable source of info, though,no? - no software
layer to murky the waters.