This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:13:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAP9bCMRko50FiANwa+h2FadG-k6Me69N04F+Le-bUnTVLQYKuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5411CFAE dot 7040805 at redhat dot com> <20140912115452 dot GA5626 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <5412E3AC dot 80203 at redhat dot com> <21523 dot 39044 dot 768702 dot 981508 at ruffy2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com>
On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 03:06:12 +0200, Doug Evans wrote:
> > On 09/12/2014 12:54 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > > Also I am not sure it is really still an issue on latest upstream glibc, it is
> > > not an issue on Fedora 21 x86_64 glibc with the reproducer from:
> > > https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13097
> > >
> > > (That is old Fedoras workarounded it in glibc, then some Fedoras exposed the
> > > issue in GDB but now it is not visible - so either Fedoras workaround it again
> > > or just upstream glibc switched/workarounds it also.)
> I downloaded glibc 2.20 and tested it with gdb 7.8.
> Still an issue.
> [I just did a simple build, if there's a configure option
> that will fix things I didn't try one.]
I have then explained this unreproducibility for me by:
[bfd patch] Regression for Linux vDSO in GDB