This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] Fix fails in gdb.mi on arm-none-eabi
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:01:34 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Fix fails in gdb.mi on arm-none-eabi
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409533072-6152-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com>
Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This series fixes some fails in mi-var-child.exp and
> mi-var-display.exp, which are caused by printed symbol on address
> zero. One of them is fixed by "set print symbol" off, and that is
> what patch 1/3 does. Patch 2/3 is a refactor patch, which uses
> mi_varobj_update in tests to simplify them.
> The cause of the rest of fails is that function pointers are NULL,
> and they point to a code symbol _ftext on address zero. We can
> relax pattern to match both "0x0" and "0x0 <_ftext>", but I didn't
> fix it in this way. Instead, I explicitly assign function address
> to these function pointers, so the output becomes "$hex <$func_name>"
> on all the targets. See details in patch 3/3.
> The patch series is tested on x86_64-linux with native and gdbserver,
> and arm-none-eabi.
Patch 1 is pushed in. Ping patch 2 and patch 3.