This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/4] PR c++/13403 and PR c++/15154: Fix function calling convention in gnuv3 ABI
- From: Siva Chandra <sivachandra at google dot com>
- To: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 07:44:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] PR c++/13403 and PR c++/15154: Fix function calling convention in gnuv3 ABI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGyQ6gy=u+0V42En2rpvwy9n0Ejf_1VfR+xOArLxc1SmoTf2Ug at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Siva Chandra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch series addresses the two listed PRs. The gnuv3 ABI function
> which decides whether a class value has to be passed by reference (or,
> returned in a hidden first parameter) is currently incomplete. This
> patch series completes it.
> The way I have organised my patches is that:
> - Patch 1/4 adds tests which illustrate what is missing. One test
> fails, another passes.
> - Patch 2/4 fixes the ABI to address the failing the test in 1/4.
> - Patch 3/4 adds another failing test.
> - Patch 4/4 fixes the ABI to address the failing test in 3/4.
> If the patches go in in the same order as above, then the tree will
> have one new failing test after 1/4 lands but before 2/4 lands. Is
> that OK? If not, then I can merge 1 and 2 into one patch, and 3 and 4
> into 1 patch. I have ordered it this way because I thought it might be
> easier for the reviewers to see what works and what doesn't currently.
For reference, links to patches 1/4 to 4/4 are as follows:
1/4 - https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2014-09/msg00367.html
2/4 - https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2014-09/msg00368.html
3/4 - https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2014-09/msg00369.html
4/4 - https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2014-09/msg00370.html