This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: automated testing comment [Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?]
- From: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves), jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com (Jan Kratochvil), xdje42 at gmail dot com (Doug Evans), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org)
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:11:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: automated testing comment [Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201409241523 dot s8OFNNjP009931 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
On Wed, Sep 24 2014, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Andreas Arnez wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 23 2014, Pedro Alves wrote:
>> > I think it'd be fine to send the periodic email results/alerts/whatever to:
>> > https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-testresults/
>> > That list hasn't been active in a while, but it's still alive, afaics,
>> > and the point of that list was to collect auto testers' test results.
>> Interesting. Even before I started working on GDB, Andreas Krebbel had
>> set up a bot that sends test results to a different list, and we're
>> still continuing to do so:
>> Knowing now that there's also gdb-testresults, I wonder whether that
>> ever was a good choice. We could certainly change that, so gdb-testers
>> is freed up for discussions like this one ;-)
> Well, I guess that would be because the main web page:
> is a list for the announcement of development snapshots and the reporting of test results.
> and does not mention gdb-testresults at all.
Right, I also noticed that gdb-testers is mirrored by Gmane (as
comp.gdb.testing) and gdb-testresults is not. I'm puzzled why
gdb-testresults was ever created...
> I think we should agree on one of them, and document it on the web page.
For instance by leaving everything as-is? Or maybe, for clarity, we
should at least drop the obsolete "announcement of development
snapshots" from the list description?