This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove support for "rtld_" prefix on solib-svr4 probes
- From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:23:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove support for "rtld_" prefix on solib-svr4 probes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1411581801-19126-1-git-send-email-sergiodj at redhat dot com> <5423F08B dot 1040409 at redhat dot com> <87bnq3h1gf dot fsf_-_ at redhat dot com> <54248579 dot 8030606 at redhat dot com>
On Thursday, September 25 2014, Pedro Alves wrote:
> There's RHEL (at least, per the comment) 6.4 too, which isn't EOL'ed,
> though. It's reasonable to expect that people may still want to
> build/test upstream gdb on those?
Damn, I forgot to talk about RHEL.
But yeah, RHEL-6.x is not EOL'ed, but the GDB that comes with it is from
Red Hat as well, and contains all the necessary patches to deal with
whatever "internal idiosyncrasy" that it may need. OTOH, I know Gary
has been using RHEL-6.5 to test his upstream patches, so to answer your
question, it is still possible that people may still want to buid/test
upstream GDB there.
My opinion is that we shouldn't need to worry about internals of each
distro (I know we *have to do that* sometimes, but that's not an
excuse), so I still hold the cleanup patch for approval :-).
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36
Please send encrypted e-mail if possible