This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't prune program spaces when doing "maintenance info program-spaces"
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 10:36:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't prune program spaces when doing "maintenance info program-spaces"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1411582288-20967-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <CADPb22StC=Lg8a=ZkxuVZ-a0g_-oa+BdOrvB=jj9=cEQYGhEgg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87sijgig81 dot fsf at redhat dot com> <54242A52 dot 8060200 at ericsson dot com> <CADPb22RYvzm4o0gkgam8-Cy=WAynaM+qZgaERdMJ+UjGSG5U5Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2014-09-25 03:13 PM, Doug Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Simon Marchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 2014-09-24 10:30 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, September 24 2014, Doug Evans wrote:
>>>> IOW, how about move the call to prune_program_spaces to whatever
>>>> caller wants it.
>>> As a note, after I commented on the patch, I noticed that the "prune"
>>> argument may be unecessary indeed (and the "prunning" logic"), because
>>> we are not prunning anything anymore.
>>> Anyway, I just wanted to say that I agree with removing this part of the
>>> code, and moving it to more suitable parts.
>> Fine with me. Here is the updated patch, much simpler now.
>> * progspace.c (print_program_space): Don't prune program spaces
>> before printing them.
> In the commit log I would add a note that this was removed so that the
> print routine didn't have (unwanted) side-effects.