This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 4/4] PR c++/13403 and PR c++/15154: Fix gnuv3_pass_by_reference to treat dynamic classes as non-trivial
- From: Siva Chandra <sivachandra at google dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:29:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] PR c++/13403 and PR c++/15154: Fix gnuv3_pass_by_reference to treat dynamic classes as non-trivial
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGyQ6gwUDdJh+oUxJxhgSXfY90cp2hkh-+mN0wEcJp90naBXog at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADPb22Q6KH+i=Jwho3B2a-DACjYFrgFby0uG0LEnfOi3d=9HZg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM, Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> 2014-09-11 Siva Chandra Reddy <email@example.com>
>> * gnu-v3-abi.c (gnuv3_pass_by_reference): Treat dynamic classes
>> as non-trivial.
> This looks ok to me.
> I couldn't find anything in the ABI to guide me (could certainly have
> missed it), though it seems reasonable and it does fix the testcase.
The ABI defers the definition of triviality of copy constructors and
destructors to the C++ 98 final draft standard. The point under
question in this patch is under -6- here: