This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS: Ignore invalid regs during info registers all
- From: James Hogan <james dot hogan at imgtec dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:05:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS: Ignore invalid regs during info registers all
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412088186-26402-1-git-send-email-james dot hogan at imgtec dot com> <542AC5A9 dot 7060101 at redhat dot com>
On 30/09/14 16:00, Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 09/30/2014 03:43 PM, James Hogan wrote:
>> The "info registers all" command causes mips_print_registers_info () to be
>> called for all register numbers, including invalid ones such as unused DSP
>> register numbers. This triggers an error () call which prevents further
>> register values being printed. Just silently return without printing
>> anything or erroring, so that all valid registers can be printed.
> What happens when the user does "info registers that-unused-register" ?
I don't think that's possible, because the check is:
if (*(gdbarch_register_name (gdbarch, regnum)) == '\0')
So any such register already has no name by which to refer to it.