This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add missing leading space to some queries
- From: Patrick Palka <patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:20:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add missing leading space to some queries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1446049232-2318-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <56310170 dot 1090607 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10/28/2015 04:20 PM, Patrick Palka wrote:
>> Query strings should have a leading space so that there is some kind of
>> separator between the actual query and the "(y or n)" suffix that is
>> appended to the query.
> Though, it would seem better to me to go the other way around and have
> query() itself add the space. E.g. the way it is, translations would
> need to know that the space is there to keep, which seems fragile.
That makes sense. I'll post a patch tomorrow that does this instead.
> Pedro Alves