This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [testsuite patch] Fix gdb.gdb/selftest.exp for C++-O2-g-built GDB
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:40:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [testsuite patch] Fix gdb.gdb/selftest.exp for C++-O2-g-built GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160716131402.GA2961@host1.jankratochvil.net> <CAH=s-POSoFS9p2+0nLh7TSeBALVzjehTt+jqsjuqDuSPPjAwFA@mail.gmail.com> <20160718081834.GA26110@host1.jankratochvil.net> <CAH=s-POVxrjfG1YFTjdmAj65zTpeY4j2XsJEjBDUBSsBc_7Mhg@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 11:45:36 +0200, Yao Qi wrote:
> OK, I think we still need to convert gdb.gdb/selftest.exp using proc
> do_self_tests to simplify the code, and then, improve procs in
> lib/selftest-support.exp to handle the fails when GDB is compiled with
> optimization. What do you think? If you agree on this, I can commit
> my patch above, and tweak lib/selftest-support.exp to fix your fails.
I have no opinion on it. I have no idea what's the purpose of
gdb.gdb/selftest.exp . I see during the past 10 years I saw an upstream catch
of one regression(s) by but it was more an accident and it could happen with
some other regular testsuite-built inferior if it was testing the same
I just want to keep it regression-free so do whatever you find fine, I can
rebase my patch on top of it, but I would like no regression for -O2 -g GDB
and I would like not to carry this patch off-trunk forever.