gdb/361: Need test for default char

>Number:         361
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       Need test for default char
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Feb 19 05:58:01 PST 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Richard Earnshaw
>Release:        unknown-1.0
I've just fixed the ARM port so that it correctly sets things
for the fact that these machines default plain char to
unsigned.

This didn't fix any of the testsuite regressions, which suggests
that we are missing a test for this
>How-To-Repeat:
Toggle the setting of TARGET_CHAR_SIGNED and observe that it
doesn't alter testsuite results.
>Fix:
Write a test that checks the behaviour of plain char on a machine
and checks that gdb's behaviour matches.