Re: gdb/295: global variables in C++ namespaces cannot be printed

The following reply was made to PR gdb/295; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Carlton <carlton@math.stanford.edu>
To: salman.khilji@cae.com, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com,
   gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/295: global variables in C++ namespaces cannot be printed
Date: 14 Nov 2002 16:40:30 -0800

 I'm looking at C++ namespace-related bugs in GDB, and I came across
 your bug report PR gdb/295.  In it, you refer to attached source code,
 but I don't see any attachment.  At any rate, with the current CVS
 versions of GDB (and probably older ones), you should be able to refer
 to global variables in namespaces as long as you enclose the entire
 name in single quotes, as in your example

 (gdb) p 'FOO::fSomeVar'

 If that's not working for you, could you e-mail me some source code
 which will allow me to reproduce the bug in question?

 (I should also admit that there are certainly namespace-related bugs
 in GDB currently, so not everything is going to be perfect right now.)

 Thanks,
 David Carlton
 carlton@math.stanford.edu

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=295