pending/1115: Re: [RFA] ObjC Testsuite

>Number:         1115
>Category:       pending
>Synopsis:       Re: [RFA] ObjC Testsuite
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   unknown
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Mar 04 06:48:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:
>Release:
 On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 04:15  pm, Michael Elizabeth Chastain
 wrote:

 > Also, this whole review process is getting messy, we are going to have
 > several people pushing Adam in different directions.  I would like to
 > figure out *first* who are going to be the maintainer(s) of
 > gdb.objc, and then those people should be the reviewers of this patch.

 I've been lurking following this process and trying to figure out
 what's going
 on, and I wholeheartedly agree that sorting out a few individuals to get
 things moving makes sense.

 I was getting increasingly worried that, while stuff is being reviewed,
 none
 of it actually seems to be getting into CVS ... even one of the
 earliest patches
 to simply add the existing objc code into the configure/make process and
 activate it (which I think one reviewer said was a no-brainer or
 something
 similar) is still outstanding.

 I've noticed that the objc patches supplied in the last few months have
 already begun to bit-rot.
 Surely to avoid that sort of thing, the turnaround between submission
 for review and addition to CVS needs to be closer to three days than
 three months for most changes.  I'm very aware that the sheer number
 of patches submitted for review for gdb overall will be putting a lot of
 load on reviewers, so hopefully having one or two people making a
 particular effort to focus on the ObjC code will help solve this
 problem.

 Incidentally, I have Adams patches (with some modifications to account
 for the recent removal of SYMBOL_NAME) running on debian intel and ppc
 successfully, so if I can herlp in any way I'm willing.