breakpoints/1228: Cannot set breakpoints for (some)functions member of a class

>Number:         1228
>Category:       breakpoints
>Synopsis:       Cannot set breakpoints for (some)functions member of a class
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu May 29 00:38:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     liciud@yahoo.com
>Release:        gdb 4.8.11
Hi,

I dont' know if this is the right place to ask for help; if it's not, just let me know where I should ..

I have a WEIRD behaviour of gdb: I cannot set breakpoints for some function members (while I can do for other functions member of the same class).
'nm' command shows me that the functions causing the problem are defined in the object file.

Unfortunately, the source is really big; I won't put any attachment; I would like to know if there's someone who had the same problem before and, of course, how to solve it.

Thanks,

Dragos.