Re: threads/259: Thread receives Interrupted System Call error while waiting on message queue.

Synopsis: Thread receives Interrupted System Call error while waiting on message queue.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->chastain
Responsible-Changed-By: chastain
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Sep 22 21:48:21 2003
Responsible-Changed-Why:

    Hello,

    I have a similar isse with 'sleep' returning early when pthread_create is invoked elsewhere in the process.

    As Daniel Jacobowitz says, it's legitimate for most system calls to return on receipt of a signal.  It's unfortunate that gdb+pthreads introduces more signals into the program, but it is legal for a system call to return early on receipt of a signal.  The moral is: always check the return value from a system call.

    I'm planning to document this in the gdb threads section of the manual, so that people will at least know what gdb is doing.

    Michael C
    GDB QA Guy

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=259