Re: gdb/1465

The following reply was made to PR c++/1465; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Carlton <carlton@kealia.com>
To: mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/1465
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:55:03 -0800

 On 26 Nov 2003 21:48:01 -0000, mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain) said:

 >> Right.  But, as I just e-mailed in a separate thread, I think this is
 >> part of the problem here - this symbol shouldn't be in a static block,
 >> it should be in a global block.  And my latest patch awaiting
 >> approval, among other things, puts it in a global block.

 >  But what about:

 >    int foo ()
 >    {
 >      class A { ... };
 >    }

 >    int bar ()
 >    {
 >      class A { ... ... };
 >    }

 >  Classes are scoped.  Wouldn't you have to do a bunch of work to
 >  make sure that the namespace lookup works properly if all the
 >  symbols live in global symtabs?

 Sorry, let me clarify that - I move the C++ class symbols that are
 currently in the static block to the global block.  The above class
 symbols should be in the blocks that are local to the functions in
 question - I can't remember offhand if we're putting them in the
 correct place currently, but, if so, I shouldn't have changed that.