Re: gdb/1510: <incomplete type> when printing nested typedef enumin Linux/g++/C++

The following reply was made to PR gdb/1510; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Carlton <carlton@kealia.com>
To: bjacob@ca.metsci.com
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/1510: <incomplete type> when printing nested typedef enum
 in Linux/g++/C++
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:25:26 -0800

 On 14 Jan 2004 17:45:51 -0000, bjacob@ca.metsci.com said:

 >> Environment:
 > gdb and the test program were both compiled with gcc 2.96

 That defaults to stabs as its debugging format; compiling it with
 -gdwarf-2 will give more appropriate output.  (Personally, for doing
 C++ work I would normally recommend GCC 3.x, which among other things
 defaults to DWARF 2, but you may not have a choice as to which GCC
 version you use.)

 Though when I tried that, with CVS GDB doing 'b main' and then running
 never hit the breakpoint at all.  Hmm...  It works with other debug
 formats or GCC versions or GDB versions.  Very strange.

 David Carlton
 carlton@kealia.com