Re: breakpoints/1848: breakpoint (Error accessing memory address)

The following reply was made to PR breakpoints/1848; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis@gnu.org>
To: jacopo.desimoi@sns.it
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: breakpoints/1848: breakpoint  (Error accessing memory address)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:23:05 +0100 (CET)

    From: Jacopo De Simoi <jacopo.desimoi@sns.it>
    Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:41:31 +0000

    Here it is. I hope it will be helpful!

 OK, my guess was right.  And it seems gdb does support PIE, just not
 dynamically linked PIE.  Unfortunately I don't see an easy fix.  Don't
 expect this to be fixed soon.

 There's probably a compiler or linker option to disable PIE.
 Otherwise I'm afreaid you'll have to use a different Linux
 distribution if you want to debug your code :-(.

 Mark