gdb/2082: line shown in the GUI does not match the line of code being executed

>Number:         2082
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       line shown in the GUI does not match the line of code being executed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Feb 15 19:58:01 GMT 2006
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     guest
>Release:        unknown-1.0
Hi,
In the emacs GUI as well as the DDD GUI, when I hit next the pointer, instead of going to the next line of code being executed jumps backwards or forward couple of lines, it is very erratic. Looks like the way lines are marked in the DEBUG symbol is not read properly by GDB. If you need more info please let me know, I will help you recreate it. We are using intel's 9.0 complier.
Ashutosh