Re: threads/2256: gdbserver thread

The following reply was made to PR threads/2256; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: Tobias Schulz <Royal-TS@gmx.de>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: threads/2256: gdbserver thread
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:54:22 -0400

 On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:08:01AM -0000, Tobias Schulz wrote:
 >  solib-absolute-prefix is set on "" by standard.
 >  I looked with ldd ./master  an all used libs are in /lib ...
 >
 >  I tried to set the path to /lib and after this I got:
 >  "Error while mapping shared library sections:
 >  /lib/libpthead.so.0: No such file or directory."
 >  same text for libc.so.6 and ld-linux.so.2
 >  the files exists at these places (on the target and on the debug computer too)
 >
 >  Did you mean these two solutions or did i misunderstand your post?

 You've misunderstood.  If the libraries on the host and target are not
 exactly identical, you need to have a copy of the target libraries.
 Lay them out in the same way as on the target, and then set
 solib-absolute-prefix to point to them (to the directory containing
 "lib", "usr", et cetera).

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz
 CodeSourcery