Re: threads/2292: GDB process stops when debugging threaded program

The following reply was made to PR threads/2292; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Oleg V. Zhylin" <ovz@yahoo.com>
To: jimb@red-bean.com, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com, jimb@codesourcery.com,
  nobody@sources.redhat.com, gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: threads/2292: GDB process stops when debugging threaded program
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:43:05 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

   As this issue came up again, I've checked with DDD folks, since DDD
 steps through threads successfully. DDD does use gdb as debugging
 engine, so clearly it does some configuraiton. We didn't figure out
 what exactly DDD does, but the effect of it is that gdb locates
 /lib/libthread_db.so.1. Thus it looks like my problem can be
 re-formulated

  How to make gdb locate libpthread_db library?

 http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=2292

 WBR Oleg V. Zhylin   ovz@yahoo.com