breakpoints/2468: Breakpoints discard file/line number informations

>Number:         2468
>Category:       breakpoints
>Synopsis:       Breakpoints discard file/line number informations
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 12 19:08:01 UTC 2008
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     fullmetalcoder@hotmail.fr
>Release:        6.8
I am using GDB in an IDE through the MI interface. When creating breakpoints with -break-insert file:lineno the created breakpoint works well but the related entry in the breakpoint table is unusable.
The file, fullname and line fields are empty and the address field is set to <MULTIPLE>. Not only this look bad in a UI but it makes it hard to remove breakpoints that were set graphically.
After some testing it appears that this bug does not appear on empty lines (or much more rarely). It is also happens more often in ctors and dtors and when macros are involved (the pseudo-keyword foreach massively used in Qt for instance).
Even though the address issue is unsolvable it would be a good thing to keep track of file/line passed to -break-insert so that the breakpoint table remain usable...