Re: gdb (4.17) hangs on Solaris 2.5.1 when detaching a process

Vetter Thomas wrote:

> Hi gdb developers,
>
> I have just downloaded the version 4.17 of gdb. I compiled it on
> Solaris 2.6 using gcc 2.8.0. The exe runs fine - no problem.
> Then I compiled it on Solaris 2.5.1 using gcc 2.7.2.1. It also
> compiled without problems, but when detaching a program gdb hangs.
> The only way to stop gdb is to kill it from another window (kill -15).
> The attached executable seems not to be effected from doing this.
>
> Do You know about this problem and do You have a solution for it ?

Why don't you try compiling it with the latest gcc-2.8 on solaris?
gdb is known to be quite sensible to compiler (optimization) bugs.
Turning of optimization during build might also help.

  Guenther

P.S.: AFAIK, "you" is not spelled with a caps letter.