Re: New GDB snapshot available

>    From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
>    Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:53:06 -0800 (PST)
>
>    I have been maintaining a Linux port of gdb 4.17 with supports for
>    Intel x86 FPU, hardware watchpoint and glibc 2 threads. Is there
>    any plan to merge those into the future gdb?
>
> Of course I'd like to get everything in that is possible.  I'm told
> that of various FPU patches, Metzenheim's is the one to go for, in

gdb 4.17.0.11 is Metzenheim's patch plus my own. I fixed a few things.

> the case of hardware watchpoints I thought it was there already, so

What is there for hardware watchpoints under x86 is unreliable and
doesn't work like the way I like.

> somebody needs to explain what's wrong with the existing bits, and
> as for threads, the code I've seen so far seems to have reliability
> and portability problems, so that's going to need some more work I
> think.

The one in gdb 4.17.0.11 is very reliability. As for portability,
it is totally a different issue. I don't see it as a problem.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)