Re: GDB snapshot 1999-11-01 is hot off the kettle

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 11:45:41AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:

> > >It's all in cvs as well.  Buncho o' linux, x87, and rdi-share library
> > >changes in this one for your hacking pleasure.

> I checked out gdb from CVS. I didn't see any x87 changes. Did I miss
> something?

Maybe I should add a disclaimer statement to my notices. :-)  I shouldn't
have said x87.

Here, look, some x86 Linux fp changes, looks it is for SSE:

+ 1999-10-28  Jim Blandy  <jimb@zenia.red-bean.com>
+
+       * gdbtypes.c (init_simd_type): The upper bound to
+       create_range_type is inclusive, not exclusive.
+
+       * configure.in: Check for PTRACE_GETXFPREGS, and #define
+       HAVE_PTRACE_GETXFPREGS if we have it.
+       * acconfig.h: Add entry for HAVE_PTRACE_GETXFPREGS.
+       * configure, config.in: Regenerated.
+       * config/i386/tm-linux.h (HAVE_SSE_REGS): #define, iff the
+       configure script #defined HAVE_PTRACE_GETXFPREGS.
+       (REGISTER_VIRTUAL_TYPE): Provide the proper types for the pointer
+       registers and the SSE registers.
+       * i386-linux-nat.c (GETREGS_SUPPLIES, GETFPREGS_SUPPLIES,
+       GETXFPREGS_SUPPLIES): New macros.
+       (have_ptrace_getxfpregs): New variable.
+       (FPREGSET_T_FPREG_ADDR): Renamed from FPREGSET_T_FPREG_OFFSET.
+       (supply_fpregset, convert_to_fpregset): Callers changed.
+       (supply_xfpregset, convert_to_xfpregset, fetch_xfpregs,
+       store_xfpregs, dummy_sse_values): New functions.
+       (fetch_inferior_registers, store_inferior_registers): Use the
+       *_SUPPLIES macros to decide how to fetch a given register.  Use
+       {fetch,store}_xfpregs and dummy_sse_values to provide access to
+       the SSE registers, on systems where they are present.