Re: gdb, native i686-pc-linux-gnu

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:02:44AM -0400, Michael Chastain wrote:
> (I removed gcc-testresults because this isn't relevant to gcc
> any more).
>
> Let me go up a level first.  Is testing on linuxthreads still valuable,
> or am I the last guy in the world with a linuxthreads system?

I think it's still valuable.  I think people will continue to use
LinuxThreads for at least another two years.  The RH people seem to
have a different opinion, but RH runs on a different sort of
obsolescence schedule than I'm used to.

> For the schedlock.exp "thread N ran" tests, I suspect that it is
> marginally valuable, but that linuxthreads might pass into obsoletion
> before I ever actually look at it.

:-)

> >From my point of view it would be nicer to lump the tests together
> into a larger test that FAILs all the time, or even better, KFAILs
> all the time.  Then it won't show up as diff noise.
>
> For watchthreads.exp, for the test script problems, sounds like a job
> for Michael Snyder or for me.

I have a rough patch, but I haven't posted it because I can't test it
without fixing the GDB problems.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz