/Roland

   Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:58:28 -0800
   From: Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com>
   CC: gdb@cygnus.com, roland@wrs.com

      Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:55:58 PST
      From: "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>

   (I've redirected to gdb, since gdb-testers is mainly for snapshot
   announcements.)

      Surely this is not accurate:
      This file describes GDB, the GNU symbolic debugger.

	 This is Edition 4.12, January 1994, for GDB Version 4.16

      Get the date current (I think the date is more important
      than version numbers...also drop Edition...(and just have
      version) (IMHO)

   Strictly speaking, the manual hasn't changed significantly since the
   upgrade around 4.12, although there have been a number of minor
   additions.

   I note that while GCC's manual doesn't have an "edition" different
   from the compiler version, the Emacs manual near my desk is the
   "Ninth Edition, for Emacs 19".  One could make an argument that
   the GDB manual should be more like the Emacs manual, since they're
   both interactive tools, but the "4.12" *is* confusing...

   I've cc'ed Roland Pesch, who I believe applied the Edition moniker,
   to see if he has a specific rationale for this nomenclature.

							   Stan