/Roland

   Cc: shebs@cygnus.com, gdb@cygnus.com
   Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:48:50 PST
   From: "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>

   Looking at documentation (in a pile of papers), its very, very
   useful to have:
	   1) the date
	   2) the software version number.

   Jim Meyering is doing it in his packages...that way, at a glance
   I can tell "this is the most current one".

   Also, minor updates deserve a new date.  If you diff the texinfo
   files against 4 years ago, I'm sure you'd see lots and lots of changes
   (even though the manual is well done).

   --
   marty
   leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com