Problem with compiling gdb-980122

Hi !

I downloaded the 01.22.98 snapshot of gdb, and during linking phase I get
the following error:

     gcc -g -O2      -Xlinker -export-dynamic  -o gdb  init.o  [some object
 files and libs]   ../libiberty/libiberty.a
     ld: fatal: entry point symbol `xport-dynamic' is undefined
     *** Error code 1
     make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gdb'
Apparently the Sun linker interprets the "-e" part of "-export-dynamic"
passed to it via -Xlinker as one of
its arguments (entry point) and gets confused when trying to interpret the
rest of the string as an entry point.

Is this a problem in the configure script (a problem like assuming gnu
linker ?) or am I missing something ?

Or should I use gnu's linker / assembler ?

What would you suggest for fixing it ? I linked the gdb by removing the
Xlinker portion from the command line,
but I do not like this solution...

Thanking you in advance,
Arifi Koseoglu