Re: gdb debugging native solaris c++ code

Dawn Perchik wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 26, 1998 at 08:34:39AM +0100, Peter.Schauer wrote:
> >
> > I suspect that it will remain a problem, until someone contributes clean
> > patches or funds the necessary non trivial work involved.
> >
> > This is becoming a FAQ, perhaps we should add a note to gdb/README...
>
> Good idea!

Yep, I browsed the news-groups as well and saw this question pooping
up there as well.

> > > if I compile more than one c++-file with native CC 4.2 on
> > > Solaris 2.5.1, gdb-4.16 seems to be unable to read the debugging
> > > symbols from the resulting binary.
>
> "set demangle arm" helps, and Sun CC 2.x stabs extentions are supported.
> Sun CC 3.x stabs don't contain any C++ info, and Sun CC 4.x has stabs
> which are very different from those in 2.x and are not supported.
> As Peter says, the work to add support is non-trivial.

Hmm, too bad. I just asked in comp.unix.solaris, if at least the spec
is freely available, so someone is at least able to take a stab at
the stabs :-)

Thanx to Dawn and Peter for answering my question.

  Guenther