gdb 4.16.97 and linuxppc

Some feedback on gdb 4.16.97 and linux on ppc

I have done some testing on mklinux / linux powerpc of gdb 4.16.97 with
glibc 1.99, binutils 2.8.1.0.20, and egcs 1.0.2.  Although this gdb is a
big improvement, it still has some problems, missed breakpoints (or it this
breakpoints placed in the wrong places?), when asked to disassemble a
function, it actually  sometimes disassmebles another function, when asked
to list a function it sometimes lists either another function or the end of
that function, line numbers seem to be wrong in some places, etc. (yes I
checked the dir and made sure I was using the source that created the
executable file).

Since Franz Sirl said this worked under a different glibc and binutils, I
am going to try compiling binutils 2.8.1.0.28 (the latest I could find on
HJL's site and recompile my test program (the JDK) and see if that makes
any difference.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology
School of Business, College of William & Mary, 307 Tyler Hall,
P.O.Box 8795, Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795
(757) 221-1702, kbhend@dogwood.tyler.wm.edu; http://business.tyler.wm.edu