Re: Name Mangling from Solaris CC

On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 05:44:18PM -0400, Jake Colman wrote:

> Does gdb 4.17 debug output from Solaris 2.4 CC compiler?  I tried using it and
> it appears that gdb does not demangle that compiler's function names.  Is this
> true? I would have thought that 4.17 would have added that support.

I don't know of any support for the Solaris C++ compiler's name mangling
in GDB.  I don't know of anybody currently working on this support.
GDB does have support for different name mangling styles (there is code
in GDB for the g++ , Lucid, and ARM styles).

If you would like to add support for the Solaris C++ name mangling,
and can do so from publically available documentation from Sun or by
examination of the compiler's output, I would be interested in adding
this support.  Talk to me directly if you're in a position to do this
and are interested.

Jason