Re: Name Mangling from Solaris CC

Guenther,

I am now subscribed to the gdb since this seems to becoming an ongoing
conversation.

    Guenther> Well, depends on how you define fancy footwork. I guess an sed
    Guenther> script and couple of lines of code should do the trick. Maybe
    Guenther> I'll have a look at it next week. I will download the latest
    Guenther> gdb-4.17 right now to have a look.

Hmmmm.  So I suppose you'll rename every call to cplus-compile to something
else in order to remove the conflict?  It just never occurred to me how easily
one can make such a massive change.

I already looked at source code and it seems to my untrained (with respect to
gdb code) eye that it should be fairly easy.  All demangling is dispatched
through cplus_demangle where it uses a set of tests, dependant on the selected
demangle style, to determine the demangled name.  For Solaris you would pass it
right through their own function and short-circuit the whole thing.

Having said that, I am not offering to do this!  :-)   You seem far more at
ease with this than I but, if you do implement this, I will will be the first
beta tester!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com