Re: A gdb 4.17 patch for linux/x86

> H.J. Lu writes:
>  > It is conditional on HEX_LONG_DOUBLE_INPUT which is only defined for
>  > Linux/x86. I don't know gdb can store 10 byte integers on Linux/x86.
>  > Besides, you can specify your own syntax for your OS/CPU. For
>  > Linux/x86, treat a 10 byte integer as a floating point number makes
>  > senses to me. If your OS/CPU suppors 10 byte integers, you can choose
>  > a length your OS/CPU doesn't support for integers, say 20 bytes.
>
> You have totally missed the point.  Please re-read my message carefully and
> then comment on it.

I still didn't get your point. Can you help me out? From what I can
see in parse_number () in c-expy.c, it will parse and store an integer
in LONGEST. I don't understand how you can store a 10 byte integer on
Linux/x86 where LONGEST is an 8 byte integer. To me, it is perfect safe
to treat a 10 byte integer, which will cause overflow as a LONGEST, as
a floating pointer number.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)