libbfd sync between binutils, gdb?

Is there any reason why the gdb snapshot isn't updated?  Is there a barrier
to me just adding the latest libbfd from binutils to gdb?

I ask because I wrote a patch to allow gdb and objdump to disassemble
3dnow! opcodes (additional floating-point instructions on the AMD K6-2
processor), a version of which was included in binutils after heavy
modification by folks who understood libbfd internals much better than I.
Now I'd like to get these included in gdb as well, but I don't want to
start from a snapshot with ancient libbfd if there's something newer out
there, or I can just use libbfd from recent binutils snapshots.

Jeff
--
\/ http://www.infidels.org/                      Jeff Epler jepler@inetnebr.com
Don't try to have the last word -- you might get it.