Re: y2k????

   Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:42:40 +0100
   From: Jonathan Pritchard <jpritchard1@lucent.com>

   Sorry if this has been asked before...... Is gdb y2k compliant? Do any versions
   have outstanding problems or should I start diving into source code...? HP
   reckon their port wdb of it is compliant but didn't sound too convinced (It's
   bundled with an otherwise compliant package...)

Cygnus has a y2k statement at http://www.cygnus.com/y2k.html.
Basically we assert that our GNUPro product (which includes GDB), as
of our 97r2 release and later, is Year 2000 compliant, according to
the definition on that web page.  Technically, that statement does not
cover a net release like 4.17.  However, 4.17 is a subset of GNUPro
GDB, so it's likely that 4.17 is y2k-cool as well.  Even so (just to
cover my butt a little more :-) ), if you want to be totally convinced
about 4.17, you'd have to do your own assessment and testing.

							Stan Shebs
							Cygnus Solutions
							shebs@cygnus.com