Implimenting MIPS R4650 DWATCH register as hbreak hardware breakpoint

Anybody,

I'm developing an application on a an IDT MIPS R4650 based board.  this
MIPS CPU has a DWATCH register capable of breaking on a data read or
write (or both).

What must I do to the host portion of GDB to let it know my target is
capable of implimenting a "hardware" breakpoint?  Further what must I do
to modify my target GDB stub?

I suspect the host part is simply a re-configuration of somthing in the
.gdbini file.  I expect that the target stub needs to parse a new
command in handle_exception() through the "target remote" protocol.  But
I haven't yet found the magic words.

--

Sincerely,

M. David Gelbman, Senior Software Engineer
Network Peripherals, Inc.                   <NASDAQ:NPIX>
4170 Veteran's Memorial Highway,  Bohemia,  NY 11716-1009
516.737.2363 (voice)   516.737.2372 (FAX)  ftp://per_need
whois:mdg  mailto:dgelbman@npiny.com  http://www.npix.com