Re: GDB: Coding style.

   From: jtc@redback.com (J.T. Conklin)
   Date: 04 May 1999 17:46:50 -0700

   Brendan> Could CVS run indent on the server before the file is checked
   Brendan> in.  I think cvs-wrappers can do this kind of stuff.  I'm not
   Brendan> sure what other implications there are.

   One of the problems with indent is that it's not perfect.  I
   oftentimes have to tweak comments that have been mis-formated (usually
   when I have hand-formatted a table or diagram).

Yes.  I've experimented a bit with GDB sources, and was going to
recommend not letting indent touch comment blocks at all.

   I've also encountered
   problems with nested preprocessor conditionals where spurious white-
   space is introduced.

Could you point out an example or two of this?  To me, all nested
preprocessor conditionals are nasty, but there's no point in going
overboard to make them harder to read...

							Stan