One GCC for all targets.

On the GDB mailing list there was discussion of one GDB executable which
could debug multiple target architectures (eg. PPC, m68k, etc).  I was
wondering if GCC would go down the same track ?  I'm sure that there
would be alot of communication between the GDB and GCC/EGCS people (but
I might be assuming too much).  Does anyone know or have any comments
about future releases of GCC compiling for multiple target
architectures.

Brendan Simon.