Re: GDB-Protocol: Script command

>>> o security
>>>

>> ???

> People need to remember that for a remote TCP target the
> target/command set can, potentially, be accessed by anyone on
> the internet.  Either port access is restricted or commands
> are executed within a closed environment.

I'd say that security is beyond the scope of the remote protocol,
especially beyond the scope of just one command.  If someone can
attach to your box with the remote protocol, they pretty much have
full control allready.  The proposed script command will not make
a target any more vulnerable.

If security is important, use a secure transport layer.  There is
nothing in the protocol that requires the use of the serial or tcp
stream transports currently implemented by remote.c.

It is trivial to add support for alternate transports.  It would be
somewhat more difficult to add support for dynamically loading new
transports, but it may be desirable to do so.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks