Re: Testsuite Organization Proposal

>   How about moving the C++ part of smoke.exp and smoke.cc to gdb.c++?
>   I'm about to provide a patch for the gdb.base suite as the part of the
>   test suite merge effort between HP's tree and Cygnus tree, with
>   assistance from Stan.  This could be a time we split up smoke.exp.
>
>Does anybody at HP or elsewhere use this file as a smoke test?  I'm
>pretty sure nobody at Cygnus does.  The tests are generally redundant,
>so you're losing much test coverage by dropping it.  If it really is
>useful, then splitting up is OK too.
>
>								Stan

Stan,

I've removed smoke.c smoke.cc smoke.exp from HP tree, and adjusted
Makefile.in accordingly (to remove the executables associated with this
test from the EXECUTABLES list).

The change will appear in the gdb.base/ patch file which is coming
soon.  And I will provide you with an updated list of file rename /
moves.

- Jimmy Guo, guo@cup.hp.com