Re: What's with all the Cisco stuff?

William Gatliff wrote:

> > Stan> eCos and other folks observed that this was probably too
> > Stan> heavyweight to impose on every RTOS, although it would make
> > Stan> sense for the larger OSes.
> >
> > Even though I walked through the above thought experiment, I'm still
> > not convinced that direct access to kernel data structures with GDB
> > scripts is not superior.
>
> I agree completely-- keeping a "thin" stub is definitely the way to go.

There isn't a correct solution.  There are two solutions each applicable
to a their own problem domain.  GDB needs to be able to accomodate both
of them.

Think of the problem in terms of layers.  It should be possible to
implement the extract kernel info layer on either the host or the
target.

	enjoy,
		Andrew