Re: Problem with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and gdb 4.18

Jason,

Jason Molenda <jsm@cygnus.com> writes:
> Keep in mind that if you have a .profile or .bashrc (on Linux) and it
> sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH unconditionally, I _believe_ the inferior will
> get that .profile L_L_P setting instead of the one you had in gdb.

This turned out to be the problem.

On my system, 'tcsh' is my default shell, but my .cshrc execs bash
instead when the shell is interactive (don't ask why). However for
non-interactive shells, the .cshrc is executed which does in fact
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to something bogus. I would have never guessed this
to be the problem, since I didn't know gdb spawned a new shell for the
process!

Thanks,
Matt Welsh