Re: Lets talk to each other...

   Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:31:03 -0700
   From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb@cygnus.com>

   On Sep 28,  8:57am, Mark Kettenis wrote:

   >    So why didn't we do this?
   >
   > Since I'm pretty sure that the changes break gdb i386 targets that
   > already have functioning floating point support, such as the Hurd.

   Really?

No.  I thought there were a lot of modifications to i387-tdep.c that
needed lot of attention to get it working again on the Hurd.  But that
isn't true.  Either your patch, or HJ's would require at most some
really minor tweaks to other up-to-date i386 targets.  HJ's patch has
the drawback that it also tries to solve a totally unrelated problem
(curses on Solaris 7), which needs some more investigation and
probably should be fixed in autoconf instead.

Anyway, I'll try to get the generic-i387-support discussion moving
again, and might even start some real coding.  In the mean time, feel
free to check in your or HJ's fix (or an appropriate combination).

Mark