Re: x86 fpu

Hi,

>It's never going to be possible for FSF GDB to have the latest version
>of every code bit that is under development.

It is just that your "code bit" is our complete world. Gdb is the *only*
debugger that exists for Linux PPC.  We have nothing else to fall back on.

>If nothing else, most of
>the Linux folks take a rather cavalier attitude towards copyright
>ownership, and FSF policy does not allow us to do that for GDB.
>(complaints to rms@gnu.org)

Yes, that is very true. I could not understand why it took so much just to get
ppc support in  (I didn't know RMS and MW president had to get involved.)

>However, we should always be trying to
>stay as current as possible.

Sounds good to me.  After how quickly Kevin Buettner got JDK 1.1.X working under
Linux PPC (when only working part time on the porting team), I am sure he will
have us (LinuxPPC) in good shape with gdb in no time at all!

Thanks,

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology