[GDB] Can I get some sample program using debugging stub?

Hello,
I'm a newbie about remote debugging of GDB, so plz be patient of my trivial
questions.

1. Can I get some sample application which is ready to debug on remote
system with
debugging stub? Any application on any target is o.k.

According to GDB manual, they said , "Insert set_debug_traps, breakpoint
near the top of your program". But It's not concrete to me.

2.
I compiled GDB for "--target=sparc-wrs-vxworks" as target and solraris2 as
host.
When tried to debug the application compiled under solaris2, it failed to
read the file format. I guess the gdb which is made for cross debugging for
another architecture can't work for the application of host that GDB works.
Am I right?

Thank you very much.

 Okehee Goh
 RealTime System Lab.  (T) 1-352-392-6836
 CISE Dept.  University Of Florida