Re: i386: Are we settled?

   From: Jim Blandy <jimb@cygnus.com>
   Date: 10 Nov 1999 13:14:46 -0500

   > Maybe it would be a good idea to change the #defines of the register
   > numbers such that they match the names that GDB uses in its output,
   > i.e. FISEG_REGNUM instead of FCS_REGNUM, etc.

   Yeah, that was the original intent, but I forgot to change the CPP
   symbol names when I renamed the registers.  Rats; I wish I'd noticed
   this before Chris and Eli started adapting their tm-*.h files.  Let's
   wait on this until folks have submitted changes for their ports, and
   then I can make all the changes atomically with `M-x
   tags-query-replace'.

Personally I would prefer the change to happen ASAP.  I would be happy
to resubmit a patch if the change happened in the same interval as my
submission.

Mark